mustard seeds - 1/2 spoon
onions - needed amount for the curry (cut to small pieces)
tomato - 1/2 (cut to small pieces)
turmeric - pinch
Nutrela (also known as Meal Maker) - few pieces for the curry
Garam Masala - 1/4 spoon
Coriander powder - 1/2 spoon
Chilli Powder - 1 spoon
salt - as needed
oil - 2 spoons
- Soak the Meal Maker pieces in warm water for 7-10 mins so that it becomes soft and little bigger in size. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a Tava, add oil and mustard seeds...wait till it splatters..
- Add the onion and fry it till it becomes golden brown in color... then add tomatoes...cook this for another 3 mins until tomatoes are well cooked..
- Now add turmeric, chilly, coriander powder,garam masala..
- Add the soaked nutrela pieces along with needed salt..
- Cook the above mixture for another 12-15 mins adding little amount of water then and there... until the whole curry is finely cooked..
Points to be noted about Nutrela:
- Since nutrela is made up of soy beans, it is high in protein..
- It can also be added while preparing Briyanis... :)
- Turmeric can be added in every other south indian dish, since it acts as a disinfectant.... avoiding diseases like jaundice, cancer etc
try this n see :)....your comments are welcome...