I learnt step by step procedure from:http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2007/04/26/gajar-ka-halwa-carrot-halwa/
(For 2 persons)
unsalted butter - 1 spoon
5-6 long carrots (shredded)
boiled milk - 1cup
sugar - 1/4 cup
cashews/almonds/raisins - needed amount
ghee - 1/2 spoon
- Add butter to the tava
- After the butter melts, add the shredded carrot and stir for the next 8-9 mins...until you see a little brownish kinda color on the carrot pieces..
- now add the milk to it and stir well for the next 8 mins..
- Once the milk has been completely absorbed by the carrot, add the sugar and mix well
- Let the above mixture get heated till the sugar dissolves (say for the next 3-4 mins)
- Now in another pan add some ghee and roast the cashews/almonds
- Atlast mix the nuts/raisins to the halwa ...
Points to be noted:
- Do not over roast the shredded carrots... maintain the above said time limits.. so that the consistency of the halwa would be correct...