Ingredients:1 cup Maida
1 cup jaggery(cut into small pieces)
pinch of turmeric
1 cup chana dal
3-4 spoons of grated coconut... add more if needed
1/2 spoon cardamom powder
1 spoon veg. oil (for dough)
ghee for making POLI
- Mix maida, veg oil, turmeric in a bowl.. add water to form a smooth dough.You may need nearly 1/2 cup water...
- Set this aside for 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile in a pan, boil chana dal with two cups water until the dal becomes soft.
- Drain the water from the cooked lentils well.
- Now add jaggery, coconut, cardamom powder to the cooked lentils and heat till all the jaggery melts and all the ingredients in the mixture come together.
- Cool this lentil mixture for a while, then blend it without adding water.
- Now take a small size ball from the dough made, roll it into a small circle..Use maida for easy rolling..
- Similarly make a small ball from the lentil mixture and place this ball in the middle of the dough shaped into a circle
- Bring the end of the dough to the center on top of the lentil mixture, then press it down.
- Now lightly roll it into a circle (thick or thin as you desire)
- Now place it in a heated flat pan, add some ghee around it, turn and cook until golden brown.