From the time I tasted this from my friend's lunch box (in college), I was wondering how to make this so tasty like how I tasted..... but after I learnt this from her mom, it seemed to be so quick and easy.
I just luv this one...Here it goes...!
Raw Plantains - 2
Sambar powder - 1.5 spoons. (or you can use 1 spoon chilly powder, 0.5 spoons coriander powder)
Turmeric - 1/2 spoon
salt - 1 spoon (or as needed)
oil for frying - as needed
- Cut the plantain into pieces of any desired shape...each shape should not be too thick or too thin (typically round or squared) --refer the above snap..
- Mix the other 3 ingredients in a bowl, add little water at a time and mix well to make a smooth paste( should not be too watery)
- Now add the plantain pieces to this bowl and mix everything together...
- Keep this aside for 20 mins.
- Now take a dosa pan, or any flat iron/non-stick skillet
- Once the pan is hot, add 1 spoon of oil and arrange 4-5 pieces at a time in the pan(add more oil if needed)
- Let them fry for a min or two..then turn them the other side and fry for 1 or 2 mins again...(Cut each piece with a fork to see if they are soft...else fry for some more time..)
- Again for the next set of pieces follow the above procedure again
Raw Plantain fries are ready and yummy..... :)) try and see...!