Nowadays I do parathas almost daily. So I got used to doing parathas at home.(My chapathis never puff but my plain parathas do.) So I started making parathas since they are soft even after hours of making them.
As a variation, I tried Panner parathas one day. They came out really well and tasty even for the first time.:)
I made my paneer at home with 3-4 cups of milk which gives paneer for making 4 medium sized paneer parathaas.
See how to make paneer at:http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2008/05/24/how-to-make-paneer/
For the paratha:
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Luke warm water - 1/2 cup to knead the dough
Salt - as needed for the dough
oil - 1 spoon
For the filling:
Paneer - 1 cup
Coriander leaves - as needed
salt - as needed
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2-3(cut to small pieces)
chaat masala - 1 tsp(optional)
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients for the paratha and knead into a soft dough and set aside for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile mix the ingredients for the filling and divide into 4 equal parts.
- Divide the wheat dough into 4 equal parts and make a lime sized ball out of each.
- Now roll each ball into a small circle, keep one part of the filling inside and cover it as seen below. Press at the end so that the filling doesn't come out.
- Now roll this into a desired size circle.(apply wheat flour then and there if the balls are dry and make sure that the filling doesn't come out)
- Repeat this for the remaining wheat and paneer balls.
- Now take a pan, cook the parathas on both sides until brown.(apply ghee/oil as needed)
Paneer Parathas are ready and yummy...