Tofu - 2 cups - chopped into cubes
Tomato - 1 medium size - chopped to small pieces
Oil - 2 spoons
Mustard seeds - 1/4 spoon(optional)
Coriander leaves - few
Cumin seeds - 1 spoon
Chilly powder - 1 spoon
Coriander powder - 1 spoon
Turmeric - 1/4 spoon
Ginger garlic paste - 1/4 spoon(optional)
Salt - as needed
- Mix chilly, coriander & turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste with little water to make a paste and keep aside
- Heat a pan, add oil, once hot, add mustard & cumin seeds. when they crackle, add tomatoes and fry.
- When tomatoes are half cooked, add the paste made and fry till it leaves the oil in the sides or till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the tofu, mix well. Close the pan and cook for 10 more mins until it becomes golden brown on both sides.(Stir in between opening the pan every 3 mins)
- Atlast add salt, coriander leaves and give a mix, fry for a min. & switch off the pan
You can have this with white rice & ghee/as a side dish...