(for 6 small polis)All purpose flour (maida)- 1 cup
Turmeric - 1/2 spoon
salt - a pinch
Grated/dessicated coconut - 3/4cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cardomom powder - 1 spoon
Cashew nuts(chopped to small pieces) - 5-6
Water - as needed
Ghee - as needed
- Mix maida, turmeric, salt in a bowl. Adding little by little luke warm water, make a soft dough. Let this rest for half an hr.
- To prepare the filling, in a pan add ghee,cashews, fry a min until they become light brown.
- Now add coconut, fry till the raw smell of coconut goes. Donot burn the coconut.
- When the coconut becomes light brown, add the sugar and mix well.
- Fry this for 2-3 mins.
- Mix this well sprinkling little by little water at a time until the sugar melts well and mixes with coconut.
- Atlast add cardomom powder,give a mix and switch off the pan.(you must be able to make balls out of this mixture, else sprinkle more water and fry well again)
Make some 6 smooth balls out of maida dough also. Roll each ball like a small circle, place the filling ball in it, cover and roll any desired size poli. Ensure filling doesn't come out.
Now take a pan and cook each poli on both sides applying ghee until golden brown.
Star your festive season with these tasty Polis..