Chana Dal - 2 spoons
Coriander Seeds - 3 spoons
Shredded coconut - 3 spoons
Red chillies - 5-6
Bitter Guard(Pavakai) ---already cut, washed and cooked with little salt
Toor Dal - 4 spoons already cooked
Oil - 2 spoons
Urad dal - 1 spoon
Mustard seeds - as needed
Curry Leaves - few
asafoetida - a pinch
- In a pan, add very little oil and once hot, add chana dal, coriander seeds and fry for 2-3 mins.Then add coconut and fry for 2 more mins. Switch off the pan and grind this mixture to a fine paste(with little water
- In the same pan, add 2 spoons oil, and once hot, add mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, urad dal. and fry for a few secs.
- Now add the cooked Toor Dal, cooked bitter guard pieces and the paste made earlier.
- Mix them well and let it cook for another 5-7 mins
- Once it comes to a full boil, switch off the flame
Paavaika Pitla is ready !!!!!